- You should have basic computer skills
Through the years I've constantly heard the same question from students: "I can follow a tutorial, but I don't feel confident enough to build apps/features from scratch". This course is my answer to that question. I'm not satisfied in simply teaching you how to build an application, my goal is to teach you to understand how to build professional web applications, not to simply follow a tutorial. This is the most comprehensive course I've ever put together in my 14+ years of development.
I took a completely different approach in building this course. This course is unique for a number of reasons:
- Curriculum - After completing the initial course outline I sent it out to a group of CTOs and Senior Rails developers from around the world. I asked them to go through the list of features and add the full set of skills they look for when hiring Rails devs. The course outline literally doubled based on their input. So the features that we're going to build throughout this course aren't simply my idea of what it takes to build progressional grade Rails applications, it's the combined knowledge over a dozen premier developers from a wide variety of industries. One of the hiring managers who reviewed the outline responded to the outline and said, "If you send me developers who build this full set of features, I'll hire them on the spot!".
- Deep Dives - Going through tutorials is great. However, many times courses that simply walk through the build-out of a project skip over important concepts. For this reason, I have created a Deep Dive at the end of each section of this course. These guides select the most challenging topics of each section and give a detailed walk through of the concept so that you can completely understand how to work with the key features of the Rails framework.
- Immersive - This is not a light and easy course that you can go through in a weekend. This course was designed specifically for coding boot-camp students that have the goal of becoming professional developers. This means that there are over 35 hours of video lessons and you will build a professional grade Rails application by the time you have completed the course.
So with all that being said, let's talk about everything that we're going to build throughout the guides. We're going to build a feature-rich portfolio application that you can actually use for your own portfolio (I'm even using it for my own portfolio). Let's walk through the full feature set of what the application will include:
- Building out a professional Rails environment (if you're on a PC I even built a free C9 dashboard that you can use for this course).
- We'll utilize Pivotal tracker to follow SCRUM project management best practices throughout the build of this application, just like you'll do in a professional dev shop.
- Examine how to work with Rails generators, including how to customize the generators so that you can have your very own scaffolds.
- Work with data flow in Rails. One of my strongest beliefs is that if you can understand how data flow works in Rails, you can build anything! With that in mind, we'll take a step by step approach for understanding how data comes into a Rails app and how you can build features that utilize the process.
- Manage a database. You'll learn advanced SQL techniques for working with data in a Rails application, including how to manage data relationships between tables along with what it takes to implement efficient queries.
- Best practices. Writing clean code is one of the key requirements of professional Rails developers, throughout the course we'll walk through what professional grade code looks like and the common patterns you'll need to know in order to build well-written applications.
- API Integration. Because most modern applications need to communicate with the outside world, in this course we'll build an integration with the Twitter API to pull in real-time tweets into our portfolio application.
- RubyGem Libraries. In addition to teaching you about how to use RubyGems in a Rails application, I also show you how to create your very own RubyGem from scratch and walk through how to use it in your application.
- In addition to all of these features, we'll also examine advanced forms, how to integrate professional styles by leveraging Bootstrap 4, building a connection to AWS for file uploads, and how to deploy our application to the web.
In addition to the lectures, I also include the source code for each guide so that you can always have access to the full codebase for the application.
I look forward to going through this immersive program with you and good luck with the coding!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for someone who wants to learn how to build professional-grade Ruby on Rails applications
- This course is for developers that want to learn advanced features specific to the Ruby on Rails version 5 framework, such as ActionCable
So what makes Catch of the Day so addictive to our customers?
There are a few simple principles make Catch of the Day so addictive:
- No one knows what product is coming up next.
- Generally, quantities are limited, so people know that they need to act quickly, before the product sells out.
- The price is the best possible price for the item and customers soon learn that the products are delivered safely to their nominated address.
What makes CatchOfTheDay so attractive to Suppliers?
For various reasons, every company has excess stock and holding inventories costs money. After making contact with us, a supplier can have their stock listed, sold and delivered with cash in the bank within a week of making contact with us. We also have our own warehouse and handle all our own distribution, so it really is a hassle free way to clear excess stock.
We also have many techniques to offer brand protection to our suppliers. The fact that the product only stays online for 24 hours ensures that the normal retail market for the product is protected. Also no one ever knows how many products have been sold.
Why is Catch of the Day better than other a daily deal site?
Catch of the day is geared to selling PHYSCIAL products online, unlike most other sites that sell coupons to various services like restaurants, beauty salons and hairdressers.
Above all, we believe that service excellence is paramount to our success in an online world. We don’t just say this, we breathe service excellence. We want our customers to have an awesome customer experience.
CatchoftheDay has a large, loyal customer database that wants to buy great products at great prices and can make decisions quickly. Our aim is to become one of the biggest online retailers in South Africa. Our reputation is based on consistently providing top quality branded products at exceptional value and by providing superior service. CatchoftheDay.co.za is owned by Trillobate Marketing CC.
We are always looking for suppliers with excess stock, end of range stock or simply
distressed stock that you would like to move quickly and discreetly.
Please contact email@example.com
Download Suppliers Terms and Conditions Here here
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.